Welcome to the Devo Lounge. This is your go to for information about the SMBA Team.
Check here often for real time updates on fun days, special events, announcements, meeting recaps and all the fun things the team is up to.
- Coming soon
SMBA 2015 Program and Information Overview
Registration is OPEN and sells out quickly!
- Update for the first week of June: due to trail conditions, the SMBA Devo Team will be meeting at the SMBA office on Tuesday, June 2nd and at the Walker Ranch trailhead on Thursday, June 4th.
- Theme Days!!! The SMBA Devo Team will be having various fun themed rides and activities on each Wednesday! this week’s theme is crazy socks, so encourage your riders to participate by wearing fun themed socks
- NEW for 2015!!! SMBA Devo Team (ages 7-14). The SMBA Devo Team is the next step in the SMBA progression after camps. These riders have experience on the trail and are looking to improve both their speed and skills. The Devo Team rides are 3.5 hours instead of 7.5 hours so this is a wonderful option for riders who’s schedules are packed or riders that may not feel ready for the longer days that the SMBA Team requires.
– Each Devo session includes advanced coaching, singletrack trail riding, a SMBA Devo Team jersey, community stewardship, “Big Buddy, Little Buddy” mentoring, special events, fun days, support at optional races and more.
– There are two options for Devo rides, one in the morning, from 8am- 11:30am, and one in the afternoon, from 12pm-3:30pm.
– Devo rides meet and pick up at trail heads along the Front Range including Betasso, Heil, Doudy Draw, Walker Ranch and more.
– If you are planning to be out of town for a couple weeks or have other activities going on during the summer check out the part time option.
-Devo riders are invited to sign up for SMBA Team Spring and Fall afterschool, weekend and camp offerings to build strength and skills for the summer session.
- Devo riders are invited to join the Team for Moab, Spring Riding, Racing and Fall Riding!
-Moab Spring Break: March 3 – 27. SMBA Adventure Trips include transportations, camping, food, coaching and supervision. This is a great way to experience the outdoors, explore new trails and of course chow down on S’mores.
-Spring: March 29- May 21. Spring training is strongly encouraged for all Devo and Team summer riders. These early season rides help create the base that we will be building on throughout the summer.
– Races: SMBA is planning to provide coaching at the following races. The full SMBA race schedule will be released once the race schedule for all events has been released. We will try to attend a qualifier for both XC Nationals and DH Nationals (Enduro racers do not need to qualify) once schedules are released:
Boulder Short Track
Beti Bike Bash (Girls) – June 13-14
Winter Park Epic Race Series –3 or more, schedule to be announced
Big Mountain Enduro Series – Snowmass, June 26-28, Keystone July 10-12, Winter Park Sept. 4-5
USA Cycling National Championships – Mammoth California, July 14-19
- Nederland! Spring April 19-May2, and Fall Riding August 23-September 24. The Nederland Team is back for 2015 Spring and Fall with rides based out of Nederland for those riders that may not be able to get to Boulder for practice. The summer is still combined but we will make every effort to warn the Nederland families when we will be coming up for rides in the summer.
- Cyclocross! In addition to fall mountain biking, SMBA is bringing back the SMBA Cyclocross program for fall and winter 2015. Dates and times TBD.
– $50 Discount for Early Registration for Each Program
-New for 2015! Payment options for Team programming
- Pay in full on-line when registering or register on-line and mail in a check for the full amount.
- All Team Spring/Summer and Fall Sessions will work this way. Register on-line and choose the payment plan. This will be an initial charge of $75 with the balance of 2 payments 2 months before the program starts.
Spring: $75 registration date, ½ balance Feb.1, second ½ balance March 1.
Summer: $75 registration date, ½ balance April 1, second ½ balance May 1.
Fall: $75 registration date, ½ balance July, second ½ balance Aug.1
- You can set up a payment plan by check with me in the office.
– If you have questions regarding payments, please feel free to contact Trish at the office. Tricia Klomhaus, Office Manager EMSC/SMBA: Phone: 303-447-8014 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
See you on the trail!