Cycling Sisters Camp, Grade 2 – 6
Summer Camps – Cycling Sisters, Girls Grade 2-6 (ages 7-12)
Learn skills and build confidence on the mountain bike.
Cycling sisters is a summer camp program designed to introduce 2nd – 6th grade girls to the sport of mountain biking through full-day on-trail adventures in a positive, supportive, and non-competitive environment.
This is a 4-day camp geared towards beginner mountain bikers who want to gain experience and confidence riding on singletrack trails and explore some of the trails on City of Boulder and County Open Space trail systems.
Each day of camp, coaches work with athletes to learn skills necessary to safely navigate technical trails and practice proper trail etiquette on multi-use trails. Through lots of trail time, fun rides, teamwork, and an encouraging environment, athletes build confidence on their bikes, make new friends, and enjoy nature.
Camp athletes explore trails with various terrain, build endurance on the bike, and have opportunities to learn and practice various mountain skills. Athletes learn and practice the following skills on the trail: balance/proper form, looking ahead, braking, shifting, getting started on hills, proper body position for riding downhill, riding over rocks, roots, and cattle guards, trail etiquette, and basic trailside bike maintenance (e.g., pre-ride bike check, flat tire changes, minor seat and handlebar adjustments, and chain fixes).
Tentative Trailhead Ride Schedule for this Summer:
- Mondays: Marshall Mesa
- Tuesdays: Valmont Bike Park
- Wednesdays: Doudy Draw
- Thursdays: Heil Ranch (group meets at the Corral/Schoolhouse Loop trailhead)
Bike & Equipment Requirements for Camps:
- Athletes must have a trail-ready mountain bike in safe working condition with hand brakes, multiple gears, adequate tires, and a minimum 20” wheel size.
- Athletes must have a comfortable hydration pack or backpack that can hold and carry the following items during each ride: lunch/snacks, water, sunscreen, rain jacket, and an extra tube. We highly recommend a CamelBak type hydration pack with a built-in water reservoir and storage compartments.
- Athletes must be prepared to spend a full day on the trail riding bikes in summer weather conditions each day of camp. Athletes should also be comfortable balancing and pedaling their bike on a paved path or flat gravel surface prior to camp.
Have you participated in multiple Cycling Sisters camps over the past couple of summers? Are you comfortable riding your bike all day on intermediate trails? Ready to explore more challenging terrain and spend more time on your bike? Check out our Summer Team program: Boulder Summer Team
For additional information or questions contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Click on Pricing, Dates, or Meeting Times in the box below for more information about program fees camp dates, and registration.