Fall Team - Boulder
Fall Team, 2nd Grade & Up (ages 8 & up)
Get Outside, Ride with Friends, Have Fun & Enjoy the Fall Colors!
The Fall Team program is an 8-week session designed to help athletes continue building upon bike handling skills acquired during the summer, learn new skills in a fun and non-competitive environment, ride with friends, and extend the mountain bike season into October.
Team rides are organized around a progression of skills and endurance over the course of the session. Each ride emphasizes having fun while learning and practicing mountain bike skills, camaraderie/teamwork, and good trail stewardship. Team athletes split into small groups with their coach and other athletes of similar age and skill level during each ride.
Athletes ride on a variety of Open Space trails in Boulder and Lyons and have the opportunity to learn and practice a wide variety of skills each day depending on the ride location, weather/trail conditions, and coaches’ ride plan. Each ride can range from a shorter, skills focused session to a longer endurance building ride.
Fall after school ride locations typically include: Betasso, Chapman Drive, Walker Ranch, Marshall Mesa, Doudy Draw, Flatirons Vista, High Plains trail, Hall Ranch, Picture Rock, and Heil Ranch, and Valmont Bike Park. Weekend team rides are longer and have more flexibility in ride location options. Sunday ride locations may include rides on Jeffco Open Space trails and Forest Service trails in and around Nederland and the Peak-to-Peak highway region.
We offer 1 day/week and 2 days/week, Sunday only, and full-time options for the fall session:
- 1 Day / week – Homeschool Team Morning rides: Monday (2nd – 5th grade) or Wednesday (6th grade & up) mornings, 9:30am – 11:30am. (Athletes meet at trailhead, no van transportation)
- 1 day/week: Mondays (2nd – 5th grade) or Tuesdays (6th grade & up) after school. (Athletes meet at trailhead, no van transportation)
- 2 days/week: Mon/Wed or Tues/ Thurs after school (Athletes meet at SMBA office, van transportation included)
- Sunday Only: All day Sundays (Athletes meet at SMBA office, van transportation included)
- Full Time: Sunday + Mon/Weds Sunday + Tues/Thurs (Athletes meet at SMBA office, van transportation included)
Bike and Requirements & Expectations for Team Rides:
- Athletes must have a properly fitting, trail-ready mountain bike in good working condition with appropriate gearing and tires suitable for rugged singletrack. We recommend bikes with at least 24” sized tires for Team riders.
- Athletes must have a comfortable hydration pack or backpack capable of carrying all of the following items during each ride: water, lunch and snacks, a rain jacket or jacket for colder weather conditions, and equipment necessary to change a flat tire and make minor trail-side repairs/adjustments. We recommend Camelbak-style hydration packs with an integrated water reservoir.
- Team athletes must be comfortable balancing on their bikes, pedaling, and braking on beginner to intermediate singletrack (e.g., Marshall Mesa, Betasso, Heil Ranch).
- Athletes must be comfortable riding in a group with other SMBA athletes and coaches without their parents for the duration of each ride.
K-1 aged athlete? Not quite ready for the team rides? Check out our introductory, beginner program for younger athletes: Fall Dirt Riders
For additional information or questions contact email@example.com
Click on Pricing, Session Dates, or Times in the box below for more information about program fees, registration dates, and times.
Fall Program Fees:
Early Bird Price (Before August 1st)
- 1-Day/Week Monday Only After school (Grades 2-5): $285
- 1-Day/Week Tuesday Only After school (6th grade & up): $285
- 2-Days/Week After school (Choose Mon/Wed or Tues/Thurs): $559
- Sundays Only: $559
- Full Time (2 days/week after school + Sundays): $759
Season Pricing (After August 1st)
- 1 Day/Week Homeschool Monday Mornings (Grades 2-5): $375
- 1 Day/Week Homeschool Wednesday Mornings (6th grade & up): $375
- 1-Day/Week Monday Only After school (Grades 2-5): $325
- 1-Day/Week Tuesday Only After school (6th grade & up): $325
- 2-Days/Week After school (Choose Mon/Wed or Tues/Thurs): $609
- Sundays Only: $609
- Full Time (2 days/week after school + Sundays): $809
Fall Early Bird Pricing ends July 31st at midnight
Click here to register for Fall: 2022 SMBA Registration