(2nd grade & up or 8 years & up).
Build Endurance & Skills, Get Outside, Make Friends, & Have Fun
Our Spring Team program is geared towards athletes who are ready to get out on their bikes after a long winter, enjoy team camaraderie, refresh skills, and get in some base miles to prepare for long summer rides and adventures. Spring Team is an excellent opportunity t0 refresh mountain bike skills and build endurance at the beginning of the season.
Team rides are organized around a progression of skills and endurance over the course of the session. Each ride emphasizes having fun while mastering mountain bike skills, camaraderie/teamwork, and good trail stewardship. Team athletes split into small groups with their coach and other athletes of similar age and skill level during each ride.
Athletes ride on Open Space trails in Boulder and Lyons and have the opportunity to learn and practice a wide variety of skills depending on the ride location, coaches’ ride plan, and weather/trail conditions each day. Each ride can range from short, skill-focused afternoons to longer, base mile building rides.
Spring after school ride locations typically include: Betasso, Chapman Drive, Boulder Valley Ranch, Marshall Mesa, Doudy Draw, Flatirons Vista, High Plains trail, Rabbit Mountain, Hall Ranch, Picture Rock, Heil Ranch, Walker Ranch, and Valmont Bike Park. Weekend team rides are longer and have a little more flexibility in ride location options. Sunday rides may include one or two rides on Jeffco Open Space trails and Forest Service trails in and around Nederland.
The Spring Team program has 1 day/week, 2 day/week, Sunday only, and full-time options:
- 1 day/week: Mondays (2nd – 5th grade) or Tuesdays (6th grade and up) after school. (Athletes meet at trailhead, no van transportation)
- 2 days/week: Mon/Weds or Tues/Thurs after school (Athletes meet at SMBA office, van transportation included)
- Sunday Only: All day Sunday rides (Athletes meet at SMBA office, van transportation included)
- Full Time: Sunday + Mon/Wed or Sunday + Tues/ Thurs (Athletes meet at SMBA office, van transportation included)
Bike & Equipment Requirements and Expectations for Team RIders:
- Athletes must have a properly fitting, trail-ready mountain bike in good working condition with appropriate gearing, brakes, and tires suitable for rugged singletrack. We recommend mountain bikes with at least 24” sized tires for Team athletes.
- Athletes must have a comfortable hydration pack or backpack with enough space to carry the following items during every ride: water, food for on-trail meals or snacks, a rain jacket or jacket for colder weather conditions, and equipment necessary to change a flat tire and make minor trail-side repairs/adjustments. We recommend Camelbak style hydration packs with an integrated water reservoir.
- Athletes must be comfortable balancing on their bikes, pedaling, shifting, and braking on beginner to intermediate singletrack (e.g., Marshall Mesa, Doudy Draw, Betasso).
- Athletes must be comfortable riding in a group with coaches and other SMBA athletes without their parents for the duration of the ride.
K-1 aged athlete? New to biking and not quite ready for Team? Check out our introductory/beginner program for younger athletes: SMBA Dirt Riders
For additional information or questions contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Click on Pricing, Dates or Times in the box below for more information about program fees, registration, spring dates, and meeting times.
Early Bird Pricing (Before March 1st):
- 1-Day/Week Mondays Only (2nd – 5th grade): $285
- 1-Day/Week Tuesdays Only (6th grade & up): $285
- 2-days/week: (Mon/Wed or Tues/Thurs, all grades- 2nd grade & up): $559
- Sundays Only ( all grades -2nd grade & up): $559
- Full Time: (Sunday + Mon/Wed or Sunday + Tues/Thurs): $759
Season Pricing (After March 1st):
- 1-Day/Week Mondays Only (2nd – 5th grade): $335
- 1-Day/Week Tuesdays Only (6th grade & up): $335
- 2-days/week: (Mon/Wed or Tues/Thurs, all grades- 2nd grade & up): $609
- Sundays Only ( all grades -2nd grade & up): $609
- Full Time: (Sunday + Mon/Wed or Sunday + Tues/Thurs): $809
(Early Bird pricing ends February 28th at midnight)
Register for Spring Team Programs here: 2022 SMBA Registration